Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wakeboarding

Yesterday, I went wake boarding it was awesome. I got up on my first try and I was pro I am able to stay up for a long time but I can't do any tricks. I only fell down once and that was because I messed up coming back into the wake. My nose dropped and dove under the water and it pulled the rope from my hands. I loved the trip but I didn't wake board first actually I got on the knee board but I had been on it before. I actually started jumping the wake and got halfway across it. It was a rush. The only reason I dropped out was that I went off a wave and landed it and went off another wave and I was about to land it, when I accidentally dropped my nose and went under. The other time I dropped in was that I wanted to strap myself to the board so I could go higher off the wake, so I let go. After the knee board I grabbed the wake board. My friends started to guide me through it. These are the things you have to do, first Lay Flat and bring your knees to your chest then put them bent like you were sitting on a chair that was laying on the ground, second place the rope over the board in front of you and wait for the boat to make it taut, third as the boat is pulling you up keep the board i front of you don't let the boat make your body go in front of the board keep the board behind you at all times, fourth let the board come above the water before you turn it to the side, fifth to turn the board to the direction you want to face put all your weight on the foot you want in the back and the board will turn for you, and sixth to turn press your toes down on your back foot to go in the direction your toes are facing and to turn the other way you press your heel on your back foot down to go in the direction that your toes aren't facing. I subconsciously did all that and I got up on my first try. Then I was able to play around for a while on it until I hit the wake and nosed it. We had a ton of people with us that like me had never gotten up. We got me and my friend up and playing around but as for the other two on the boat who had never gotten up one of them got up once but didn't quite get ever get control and he dropped it about three seconds through his ride.
The other didn't get up it was sad. Everyone that got up tried the knee board but I was the only one to actually get up and was able to play around. The one that couldn't get up on the wake board got up on the knee board but couldn't do anything the other one that got on the wake board got on the knee board but he was to scared to do anything but he was trying a 360.

1 comment:

  1. ...I hate you. I haven't been boating in for-freaking-ever... I want to go knee boarding. I've never been wake boarding before (our boat doesn't have a tower, so all we do is knee boarding.), what's it like, is it hard? Well... maybe not... I mean YOU, Mr. Pathetique got up on round one... Ha ha, just kidding. But really, what's wake boarding like? Is it much different than knee boarding?

    ╰☆╮Mimi╰☆╮

    ReplyDelete