Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blog Post 13: Methodology of Writing

While looking back at my past posts I have been able to piece together many tools and processes used to write an essay. I began my search for information within my blog that represents the methodology of writing at the beginning with my first post for this class. In this post we were unknowingly setting a baseline as to how well we were versed on essay writing. I found a few curious pieces within my post that may have needed refinement but I seemed to understand the concepts relatively well. For example in one of the sentences I wrote:

"The essay should always begin with a comprehensive overlook of what the audience should expect throughout the essay leaving out no surprises but allowing some curiosity to have them gain a strong enough desire to read the remaining paragraphs."

This sentence shows an understanding of an introduction which in my post about introductions specifically shows my developments in that portion of my knowledge of the writing process by stating a revised and more in-depth explanation.

As I continued my search for the methodology of writing in my blog posts I came across my post about Peer-Reviews which has become a major factor to my writing. I personally use a peer-review to guarantee that what I have written is understandable by the audience I am trying to reach. I find the peer-review useful for multiple other things and even benefits the reviewer by allowing them to become aware of the mistakes they may be making in their own writing process.

After reading all of my posts I have been able to layout the simplest way to lead someone through the writing process according to my posts. Your first step will be to find a subject you will be able to write a relatively large amount about and lay it out in front of you in some form to allow you to see all the aspects of your subject. You will want to take these points and order them in a way that you will find the easiest to transition from one to the next and will allow you to give all the information you want to convey. Once you have all your information you will begin the writing process beginning with the body of your paper connecting all your information into a written format. Once the body has been written you can then conclude your paper, reiterating a brief explanation of what you've already discussed in the body of your paper. The final step of the writing process is to write the introduction with, again, a brief explanation of what you'll be explaining throughout the body of your essay with a thesis statement that encompasses the purpose of your paper. Once you've completed the writing portion of your essay and have one of your peers go over what you've written, checking if what you have written will make sense and if you're grammar is correct. Once you've had others look over your paper make edits according to their suggestions and then edit you're own paper to catch anything you or your peers may have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment